Friday, October 22, 2010

CHURCH PRAISE MUSIC

The farmer went to church one Sunday without his wife. She asked "Well, how did it go?" "We had praise music instead of regular hymns." "What is the difference," she asked? "Well, it all goes something like this:

"Martha, the cows are in the corn," that would be a hymn. If I said to you "'Martha, Martha, Martha, Oh Martha, Martha, Martha, Martha, the cows, the big cows, the brown cows, the black cows, the white cows, the COWS, COWS, COWS, are in the corn, are in the corn, are in the corn, are in the corn,' that would be a praise chorus."

"If my hands went down," that would be a hymn. "If my hands went up and up and up," that would be a praise song. "If I enjoyed the music like my soul was being touched, as I do when I am singing in the shower, that would be a regular hymn. But if I squinted my eyes like a duck in a hail storm, that would not be a painful toe broken by my shovel, that would be what you do in a praise song!"