Saturday, September 3, 2011

A DIFFERENT APPROACH TO STUDY OF THE BIBLE

It's Saturday afternoon and I'm at my desk but I'm not studying for my teachings tomorrow and Monday night. I did all of that at the first and at the middle of the week. But many pastors are at their desks sweating trying to come up with something to dish out tomorrow morning.



My desk is covered with Hebrew and Greek grammar books. I have a roll cart also next to me with grammar books, lexicons, and language commentaries. I have my Hebrew text and Greek text so that I can translate verses I will be teaching on tomorrow. To my left the entire wall is covered with books, most of them grammar commentaries and grammar texts.



Many pastors do not want to study. They do not want to take the time to absorb the Scriptures into their hearts and minds. What a shame and what a loss! This is but a part of the departure or the sign of the fact that we've moved into a part of the apostasy Paul speaks of in his letters.



—Dr. Mal Couch(9/11)