Monday, March 21, 2011

Dear Dr. Couch

Dear Dr. Couch,

I believe you said it correctly about Japan. I was actually making my own observations in mind because I spent about 4 years in Japan on and off when I was working for a Japanese company in Manila. When I was there I visited 2 Christian churches and spoke to one Japanese missionary who mentioned that there is less than 1% Christians of the total population. And yes they worship nature wherever and whenever they travel around Japan. At times in traveling and visiting great gardens in Japan I can always see someone stopping and praying in front of trees, big rocks and of course their temples.

There is another thing I believe why this catastrophe hit Japan. In many occasions of traveling around Japan there were not many missionary activities and there is a basic failure of Christians there to evangelize the Japanese people. I believe this earthquake and tsunami is God's action to shake their foundation so that they may once again turn to God.

Here is Australia I noticed the same judgment of God in the areas hit by severe flooding. Australia is becoming more atheistic. Our Prime Minister is a self-confessed atheist. Also there is a basic failure of Christians in Australia to evangelize Australia because of the growing apostasy and ecumenism of many Christian churches. I think from observing these events God is doing His thing to make Himself known. God has to break the pattern of rejection of Christ!

The increase in pattern of catastrophic events around the world is very telling of the times & season in which we live these days.

Yours in Christ,
AB (3/11)