Tuesday, March 16, 2010

IT WAS ANOTHER DAY!

Texas A&M will induct seven men into their military Hall of Honor, most of them served during World War II. Though a little older than me, they came from an earlier generation of men (note I said Men) who were great military heroes! Many served in combat; many were killed, and some came home to become astronauts and business leaders. Some went to Woodrow Wilson High School in Dallas where I finished in '56. Many received masters degrees and served, as strong military men, their country with honor.

   If you look at their pictures you see another generation of men who made this nation great. They lived in a common-sense era in which morality reigned, and goodness flourished. Some of us wrongly thought that time would last forever—it did not! We are now into a strange period of history in which morality is dying, goodness disappearing, and rightness is being buried!

   Tears came to my eyes as I looked at the pictures of the seven inductees. We are now into feminism, into the period of the death of the Reformation, and into a time in which we are importing other races into America who have no concept of what democracy and Christianity is all about. As I am typing this note, I am putting my hands on about a dozen volumes of American history on my desk that tells me what made this great land! From these volumes, and others, I wrote my book "This Great Nation ..."

   There are some of us, like these great Texas MEN of a past generation, who had it all together. They appreciated America and held up high its great principles. As I watch TV today, I realize that it is over, and there is no turning back. The prophesied apostasy is taking this nation down, destroying our churches, and burying a once great culture that is now only a memory.

   --Dr. Mal Couch
(Mar., 10)