Wednesday, April 20, 2011

ATHEISTS AND AGNOSTICS ARE FOOLS

Reading a recent column of Dear Abby I realized how foolish these folks can be. Let's pretend that they hold that oranges are made of green cheese. Let's use the arguments they use to defend that position, using the quotes given in Dear Abby:

"We want to give our teens a chance to sample green cheese oranges to determine what would suit them best." And "They have to learn that all people are to be valued and that differences are to be respected as to what kind of green cheese is used in the oranges." "Determining the type of green cheese an orange is made of is a personal matter." "Everyone has a right to 'orange freedom.'" "The time will come when teens must decide for themselves about green cheese oranges." "They will learn that not everyone shares the same opinion about the nature of the green cheese in the oranges."

Notice how subjective the argument is. It does not matter what I think about green cheese oranges! Oranges are not made of green cheese. The issue is about the revelation of God not simply what my opinion is. The issue is: oranges are not made of green cheese!

The issue is about God not what I think. My opinions do not count at all. God is who He is because of who He is, not what I think about Him. The only source to learn of God is the Bible. There is no other authority to go to. The atheist determines the nature of God from within himself. He makes up his own God. His own thoughts become his authority. And one can pick what he wishes to believe. I can therefore determine what oranges are made up of by my own determination. I want to believe that oranges are made of pudding, or mud, or some other substance because that is what I want to believe! You cannot challenge my opinion because everyone has his own opinion. And, my opinion is sacred to me and you cannot change that opinion.

How stupid!
—Dr. Mal Couch (4/11)