Friday, November 19, 2010

A SICK NATION

The other day I watched several men in their 20s on TV say things about themselves that I have never heard from a past generation. What I heard was fired up by secular psychology that is prevalent in our public government schools. While I realize that every younger person may not think this way, I'm afraid that too many have this opinion about themselves.

   I heard them say: "I love myself," "I could just hug myself," "I'm a good person," and "I'm really very smart."

   The entire reason for receiving Christ as our Savior is because we are not worthy of His grace and love. We have to come to Him in contrition, realizing that we are sinners, and that only He can save us. This pride and self-exaltation brings about God's judgment. And, it fosters sin that is destructive to others and to ourselves.

   Abraham Lincoln realized that America needed to be humbled before the Lord. Pride and sin is what brought on the Civil War, he noted. Only judgment from God will turn the nation around!

   --Dr. Mal Couch (11/10)