Saturday, August 23, 2008

Dream Heresy!

  In several brochures published by one of the "big" seminaries in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area said that God Dreams! I nearly fainted to see them buy into New Age cult heresy! This was first mentioned that God dreams by New Age leader Wayne Dyer. It was mentioned in a book in 2001 from Robert Schuller. Now it is being quoted by Bruce Wilkinson and Rick Warren.

   Wilkinson added:

    Fulfilling God's dream is what you have been made to do. If you don't follow your dream [that came from His dreaming] do you realize how many people will be affected because you didn't follow your dream? … It is God's dream and God's dream is never selfish.

  God is the Dream Giver, he added. God is the Dream Coach. Rick Warren said that man's purpose is to realize he was "made for greatness." Schuller had earlier said, "The Dream Giver gave me a Big Dream? I was made to be a Somebody and destined to achieve Great Things!"

   All of this reminds us of Jeremiah 23. The false prophets prophecy in His name "I had a dream. I had a dream!" (v. 25). But in truth they speak to cause God people "to forget My name by their dreams which they relate to one another" (v. 27). God concludes: "I am against the prophets. The [false] prophet who has dream may relate his dream, but let him who has My Word speak My Word in truth. What does straw have in common with grain?" (v. 28). Then, "I am against the prophets who use their tongues and declare 'The Lord declares'" (v. 31). Finally, "I am against those who have prophesied false dreams and related them, and led My people astray by their falsehoods and reckless boasting; yet I did not send them or command them, nor do they furnish this people the slightest benefit" (v. 32). 

   The false prophet says he is speaking "the oracle of the Lord" (v. 34a). But "I shall bring punishment upon that man and his household" (v. 34b).

   A word to the wise!